[efcb-section-samplepage hero_image=”https://www.brismes.ac.uk/conference/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Leeds-v2.jpg” title=”Getting to Leeds” subtitle=”” background_color=”” title_font_color=”” subtitle_font_color=”” title_font_size=”” subtitle_font_size=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=””][content]
The University of Leeds is located centrally within the city of Leeds. It is served by Leeds Bradford and Manchester airports, and is well-connected to the rest of the UK by public transport (train and bus).
For information on how to plan your journey, please see the guidance provided by the University of Leeds by clicking here.
Please enter the University of Leeds campus via the main entrance, off Woodhouse Lane: click here for a campus map specific to the BRISMES conference. The conference registration desk will be in Parkinson Court, which is the first building on the right-hand-side when you arrive on campus via this entrance (see building #60 on the map).
If you travel to Leeds via Leeds Bradford Airport:
– You can take the line 757 bus (the service operator is Yorkshire Tiger) to Leeds City Centre – journey time is approximately 50 minutes. This will leave you approximately 15 minutes’ walk from the University of Leeds campus.
– Alternatively, you can take a taxi from the airport directly to the university campus. The journey is approximately 12km (usually around 25 minutes).
If you travel to Leeds via train, please note that:
– Leeds Station (on New Station St) is approximately 20-25 minutes’ walk to the University of Leeds.
– Alternatively, you can a taxi from the taxi rank outside the station (it is a short 5-8 minute journey, and is likely to cost around £6-7).
– You can also take the 1 or 1A bus from Bishopgate St (stop Z1) to University of Leeds, Parkinson Steps (5 stops; journey time approx. 11 minutes).
If you travel to Leeds via bus, please note that:
– Leeds Bus Station (on Dyer St) is a 25-30 minute walk to the University of Leeds campus.
– Alternatively, you can a taxi from the taxi rank outside the station (it is a short 7-9 minute journey, and is likely to cost around £7-8).
– Alternatively, Leeds Bus Station is connected to the University of Leeds campus by some local buses (e.g. no. 6, no. 56) but it is advised that you check the schedule on arrival. The journey time is approximately 12-15 minutes. This route is also served by the National Express non-stop service.
[/content][/efcb-section-samplepage][efcb-section-samplepage hero_image=”” title=”Staying in Leeds” subtitle=”” background_color=”” title_font_color=”” subtitle_font_color=”” title_font_size=”” subtitle_font_size=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=””][content]
There is a wide range of accommodation available in the city of Leeds. The University of Leeds has negotiated a special booking rate at a number of hotels in Leeds, which are located a short distance away from the university campus. For details, please see: Local Hotels Guide Rates – 2018-2019
The exact rate available is subject to change; please contact the hotels directly to inquire. Should you have any difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the details, and we will liaise with staff at the University of Leeds about this.
There are also many other accommodation options available for booking within walking distance of the campus and Leeds train station. Unfortunately we do not have access to on-campus accommodation at the University of Leeds while the conference is taking place.