Submissions Open For 2023 Early Career Development Scholarship
We are pleased to invite submissions for the 2023 BRISMES Early Development Scholarship which aims to support activities geared toward strengthening the academic profile and CV of an early career scholar. Two prizes of £3,000 each are available.
Eligible activities include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- Developing an article for a peer-reviewed journal
- Developing a book chapter
- Transforming a PhD thesis into a book manuscript
- Developing pilot research for a new project
- Preparing a grant proposal for their own postdoctoral work
The activity must be completed within 12 months of receipt of the scholarship.
- The applicant must be a BRISMES member by the time the application is submitted
- The applicant must have submitted a PhD dissertation in the last 2 years in any disciplinary field, on a topic related to the study of the Middle East and North Africa and must not have a permanent academic position when they receive the scholarship
How to apply
Applicants must send a CV (4 pages max) and a statement of interest (1000 words max) to email@example.com including the following details:
- A description of the activity for which support is requested (include specific details of the timeline/scope of work, target journals, granting bodies, publisher, scope of pilot research, etc
- An explanation of how the proposed activity will benefit the applicant’s career path
- A description of the activity’s contribution to the field of Middle East Studies.
Deadline: Midnight on 30 April 2023
Applicants will submit a narrative summary of completed activities within 3 months after the scholarship period has ended (500 words max).