Event | What is Transnational Feminist Solidarity Today?
What is Transnational Feminist Solidarity Today? A dialogue with and of Iranian feminists
Date: Monday, 17 October 2022
Time: 17:00-18:00 (BST)
Location: Online (Zoom)
This roundtable discussion responds to the recent uprisings taking place in Iran, asking how we can engage in meaningful forms of solidarity through transnational, feminist, and queer movements and perspectives. The roundtable will engage with the following themes: building internationalist and transnational solidarity; current and historical forms of feminist and women's activism and organising inside and outside of Iran; and lessons and challenges from transnational, feminist and anti-imperialist movements and theory.
Dr Paola Rivetti (Dublin City University)
- Professor Shahrzad Mojab (University of Toronto)
- Dr Nazanin Shahrokni (LSE)
- Asma Abdi (Warwick University)
- Maryam Jazayeri (Revolutionary communist activist)
- Ahou Koutchesfahani (King's College London)
- Professor Nicola Pratt (Warwick University)
- Dr Hannah Elsisi (University of Cambridge)